Eyyy you know how much time is left when the time of the year comes round for this tag (!!)
So I didn’t do it last year because I’d probably only read 4 books… yeah scary times. Anyways, I figured I’d do it this year because then I won’t feel bad about the amount I’ve read (which is not too shabby actually). Anyways let’s just get into the books.
BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR SO FAR
Um so this happened to me and I’ve been forever changed. This book (and the second one) blew my mind and I’m completely OBSESSED. The characters and story are amazing and I just love it!!
BEST SEQUEL YOU’VE READ SO FAR
THIS BOOK!! I can’t even. I enjoyed the first book but was a little lost?? Then I read the novella which was SO GOOD and I just fell in love with these books. The characters are great and I really love the writing. Plus the covers are absolutely gorgeous. Ahhh I can’t!
NEW RELEASE YOU HAVEN’T READ YET BUT WANT TO
- Children Of Blood & Bone by Tomi Adeyemi: I’ve been in the biggest mood for this kind of book recently and like I know it’s going to be epic and I CAN’T WAIT omg
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody: This book sounds right up my alley (and kind of similar to Six of Crows??) so really want to get to it!
- To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandra Christo: This book was written for me, right? It’s a Little Mermaid retelling and I NEED IT IN MY LIFE and will hopefully be reading very soon.
MOST ANTICIPATED UPCOMING RELEASE OF 2018
- Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare: Umm so, of course, this book is here. I will be reading Lord of Shadows soon btw and I’m hyped to be destroyed and restored at the same time?? Idk
- Save The Date by Morgan Matson: This book just came out so does it count? I don’t know. The only book I’ve read by Morgan Matson I didn’t LOVE but this book just sounds like something I’d love. I think it’s contemporary at a wedding and everything just goes wrong which has been my kind of thing lately so I’m HYPED.
- Wildcard by Marie Lu: I fell in love with book one it was so amazing and I NEED THIS BOOK IN MY HANDS *cries because I also want an arc*
BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT SO FAR
Okay, so I don’t have one really?? All the books I’ve read this year haven’t been under 4 stars so like I’m proud?? Oooppssss
BIGGEST SURPRISE OF THE YEAR SO FAR
I was excited for this book and very interested to read it but I never expected to love it as much as I did. IT WAS SO GOOD and I just need book 2. The world is so amazing and the plot is so well done and ahhh so GOOD.
FAVOURITE NEW AUTHOR
This has got to Sabaa Tahir who just destroyed me with An Ember In The Ashes. I recently read it and loved it so much. This book took over my life and I’m super excited to get on with the rest of the series. Her writing is spectacular and her voice is very unique? If that makes any sense?? What I mean is that the book is written in two POVs but the voices are nothing alike which is great. Anyways, HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
NEWEST FICTIONAL CRUSH
Did you guess it? Of course, you did because I don’t shut up about it. LIAM STEWART from The Darkest Minds is literally amazing and I love him so much I’ll probably die. He’s just ahhh I can’t even. He’s the best okay!
NEWEST FICTIONAL CHARACTER
I think I have two for this answer: Kaz Brekkar from Six of Crows and Aaron Warner from Shatter Me. These two are really complex (and similar in ways). There’s so much depth and I love them so much. Kaz is the best and Warner is a little darling both of whom I will protect with my life and screech like a pterodactyl if they are harmed!
BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY
You’re probably like what? Well, I’ve read no contemporaries or heavy books but there was this one line (I don’t remember which but I like it’s not to far into the book) that just got me and I was sobbing like an onion.
BOOK THAT MADE YOU HAPPY
I related to this book SO MUCH. I loved the characters and the relationships were adorable and I just love Becky Albertalli! Ahh such a great book!!
FAVOURITE BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION YOU SAW THIS YEAR
- Flipped: You’ve probably seen me gushing about my newest fave movie of ever but its also a book (I’ve only skim read it but the book is just as amazing) and no joke this movie is MY ENTIRE LIFE, BEING & SOUL!! I love it so much and ahhh I can’t even.. it’s great WATCH IT NOW and click here for my review and other rambles 🙂
- Love, Simon: This movie man. it’s like perfection and depicts the book so well. You’ve probably seen the hype but it’s as good as everyone says and please go watch this magical movie!
FAVOURITE REVIEW WRITTEN THIS YEAR SO FAR
MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK YOU’VE BOUGHT SO FAR THIS YEAR
I didn’t buy these but the UK cover of Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi makes me want to die for its beauty and also the cover of The Wren Hunt by Mary Watson is also stunning. Oh and The Crowns of Croswald by D. E. Night!! Ahh, all books are beautiful okay?!
BOOKS I NEED TO READ BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR
I have many including previously mentioned but here are a few others…
WHAT’S ONE OF YOUR FAVE BOOKS OF THE YEAR? A DISAPPOINTMENT? BIGGEST SURPRISE? LET ME KNOW!